drowning

[04 Feb 2006 | Saturday]


it is morning and, from the top of my snow covered mountain, i can smell the salty ocean air. it pulls me. draws me close. i want to swim. i want to dive deep beneath the surface of the blue green sea. i want to explore the life below this beautiful, mysterious pool. i want to discover coral reefs and marvel at each new surprise hiding deep within. i want to splash playfully; without worry, without care. i want to know what lies at the bottom of this beautiful abyss. i want to float and let the waves pull me, without thought; weightless. i want to feel the water weave through my hair like fingertips; separating each strand as they dance and twirl with no direction. i want to feel the water caress my body; completely surrounded. my skin drinking in the salty moisture. i want to become one with this ocean. i want to dive deeper. deeper. and i never want to come up for air. i want to swim. i want to dive deep beneath the surface of the blue green sea.

No comments: