seasick

i walked alone along the shoreline
(eternally spotless, my mind)
over matter
skipping rocks
causing ripples
distorting reflection.
confusing
(my affection)
to the sea.
i could not see
beyond these mountains
cold tipped rocks
too great to skip
and heart goes flip...
instant attraction.

spells cast dark
like shadows
masked distraction.
ghosts of sharks
from the sea
i could not see.

sand sifts time
yet still i climb
dig picks to rock
(sparks fly)
my head is in the clouds now
but i can only float
on water.
summit brings thin air
its hard to breathe
when faced with most breathtaking views
what did i choose?

my mermaid laughter
lost in wind
and hooves make thunder
upon this glacier...
frozen
water
i see.

i still taste salt.
i found the fault
(the greatest crack
which widens the gap)
we shift.
icicle darts
make tsunami waves;
push me from the ledge.

sand.
i see
my footprints
where i was...
not so long ago.
i wring out my sunshine mind;
offer tea
from seashell cups.

the sea
i see.

im moving mountains.

No comments: