Fast Car

So I remember when we were drivin',
Drivin' in your car,
Speeds so fast I felt like I was drunk,
City lights lay out before us,
And your arm felt nice wrapped round my shoulder,
And I, I had a feelin' that I belonged,
And I, I had a feelin' I could be someone,
Be someone, be someone.

I am sitting on my front porch. All I see is a moth fluttering against the yellowed light; a flickering shadow, larger than life. A beetle drinks from a worm.

And a million stars that go on forever...

My feet move and I startle myself. I dont know if I should go inside. Or if I should sit here and wait. Though I dont know, exactly, what I am waiting for.

So I wait for the worm to dissappear. And the beetle to walk away. For the moth to settle. I tuck my feet under myself. Its just me.

And a million stars that go on forever...

You got a fast car,
Is it fast so you can fly away?
You gotta make a decision,
Leave tonight or live and die this way.



[Tracy Chapman - Fast Car]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

greetings from brazil